If you’re a fan of both mac and cheese and rice, then you’ll like this tasty and distinct twist on the classic comfort food. This rice mac and cheese recipe incorporates the creaminess of conventional mac and cheese with the robustness of rice to develop a rewarding and tasty recipe. Whether you’re trying to find a quick weeknight dinner or a reassuring side recipe, this recipe makes certain to hit the spot. So allow’s begin!
1 cup long-grain white rice
2 mugs water or vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 mug milk
2 tablespoons saltless butter
1 tsp mustard (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water or vegetable brew to a boil. Include the rice and lower the warm to reduced. Cover and simmer for regarding 15-20 minutes, or up until the rice is prepared and the liquid is absorbed. Fluff the rice with a fork.
2. Preheat your stove to 350 ? F (175 ? C).
3. In a different saucepan, melt the butter over tool warm. Include the milk and warm till cozy. Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese up until melted and smooth. If preferred, add mustard for additional taste. Season with salt and pepper to preference.
4. Combine the prepared rice with the cheese sauce in a greased baking dish and mix well, making certain the rice is equally coated with the sauce.
5. Cook in the preheated stove for about 15-20 minutes, or until the top is gold and bubbly.
6. Eliminate from the oven and allow it cool down for a couple of minutes prior to offering.
This rice mac and cheese is excellent as a main course or as a side dish together with barbequed hen, baked salmon, or baked vegetables. Delight in the luscious, cheesy benefits combined with the gratifying structure of rice. It’s a comfort food fave that the entire family members will love!
So following time you’re desire mac and cheese, offer this rice mac and cheese dish a try. It’s a tasty and amazing twist on a traditional fave that will certainly leave you wanting extra!